Your first visit to Michael K. Block, DPM, LLC, establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain all of your medical background information, like your medical history, surgical and social history. This first visit will also provide you with an opportunity for you to get to know your doctor. One way to shave some time off of that first visit is to provide us with your email which will enable our staff to send you an invitation to create your own patient portal account. Once your account has been established, you will be able to enter all of your medical information, medications, allergies, medical history, etc. This information will then automatically populate to your electronic medical chart within our new EHR. Some of the benefits to having this account are having access to all of your medical records and if you were to receive a statement from our office, you would be able to pay that balance through your portal.
Please call our office at 410-569-0445 in order to make your new patient appointment. Once this appointment has been created and we have your email address on file, our staff will be able to send you an invitation to create an account with us. It is important that the account is created and that your healthcare information is being provided and updated within that portal so that your check-in time within the office will be shorter. If you waited too long to use the link that we sent you to set up the patient portal account, please contact our office, as we are able to send you that link again.
We encourage our patients to include a list of their medications, a list of any known allergies, their primary care provider, the date in which they were last seen by their primary care provider, and their pharmacy into the patient portal account. This will help our staff in providing the best patient-oriented care by knowing all of the pertaining healthcare information for your visit. EMA is our new EHR system that is completely paperless, so we are no longer completing the hard copy of the new patient forms but rather entering your healthcare information into our secure system, electronically. Patients are also able to download a mobile app that enables them to pre-check in 24 hours prior to the appointment time. This app enables patients to be able to view/edit their information while in the process of checking-in, as well as pay any co-payments prior to their visit with us.
If you don't have a patient portal account and have received a statement that you need to make a payment on, please click on the url below. This url best works using google chrome.This link will not work when using Firefox.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in podiatric care.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve
- Earn the trust and respect of our patients and community
- Exceed your expectations
- Ensure a creative, challenging, and compassionate professional environment
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels
- Please bring your insurance card(s), as well as your photo ID with you to your appointment as all cards will need to be scanned into your medical record.
- If you have an insurance that requires you to bring a written Referral from your Primary Care Doctor's office, you will need to bring that with you as this will be the only way your insurance will pay for your visit. If you are not sure whether your insurance requires you to have a referral, please call the number on the back of your insurance card to confirm whether or not this is needed. You also have the option to call your PCP's office and ask them to please fax your referral to our office fax (410) 569-0446.
- Any co-payment required by your insurance carrier will be collected from you on the day of your visit, prior to being treated by your doctor. Co-payments may be paid in cash, check, or credit card. If you sign into the pocket patient account, you will be able to pay any co-payment during the Echeck-in process before your visit with us.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office at (410) 569-0445 or you can send an email to [email protected]
We appreciate the confidence you have placed in our office, and we look forward to providing you with the best possible health care in the future.
Please call our office if you have any questions or need additional information.
Michael K. Block, DPM, LLC
In order to view or print these forms, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
What to Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.